Parental supervision is recommended
Add a touch of lace to a formal or casual ensemble with this great lace scrunchie for kids.
What you'll need:
- 27 inches of cotton lace, with large holes
- 10 inches of elastic cord
- White thread
- Hot glue gun, optional
How to make it:
- Simply thread the elastic through the lace as if you are doing a running stitch - along an edge or near the center. When you get all the way to the end, tie the elastic together, leaving 2 inches of elastic past the knot when you are done.
- Take the needle and thread and stitch through the knot several times to help keep it from unraveling, or apply a small amount of hot glue to the knot to seal it.
- Trim the elastic to about 1/2 inch past the knot.
- When you are wearing the scrunchie, the elastic by the knot will be hidden by all the lace.
See more scrunchies, barrettes and other hair crafts.