Laundry Bottle Pet Food Scoop
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up
Even your pets can go green for Earth Day! Recycle an empty laundry bottle into a use scooper for your pet’s food. We even have a suggestion for the part of the bottle you cut off and don’t use!
Take some time to visit our Earth Day crafts page for more fun recycled crafts ideas. Also check out our recipes, fun printables, and keeping a green home pages. Take our quiz, Are you Living Green? and test your Earth Day IQ.
What you'll need:
- Plastic laundry bottle
- Felt in your favorite shades
- White craft glue
- Scissors or a sharp knife
- Felt alphabet stickers (optional)
How to make it:
- Have a grown up cut the top of the laundry bottle off, leaving the handle in tact.
- Remove packaging labels and wash the outside to remove any residue.
- Wash the inside thoroughly, making sure that all soap residue has been removed. A good rinse with very hot water will ensure all soap is gone.
- If using felt alphabet stickers, stick them to the front of the bottle, spelling out your pet’s name. If you don’t have the felt stickers, simply cut your pet’s name out of felt and glue them to the bottle.
- Cut out fun shapes such as bones, biscuits, and paw prints, and glue them all over the bottle.
- Let dry completely before using.
- Use the top section of the bottle to create a pretty flower bouquet. Make some of our lovely Tissue Paper Flowers and wrap with a sheet of felt. Turn the top of the laundry bottle upside down and insert flowers into the pour spout. Decorate the flower spout handle with stickers.
- Save plastic bottles, cans, paper towel rolls, cereal boxes and other recyclable materials to make fun craft projects.
- Use your imagination to develop more craft projects from what might otherwise be garbage.
• Decorate a Compose Bin
• Milk Carton Bird Feeder
• Plastic Jug Watering Can
• Magazine Holder
• Earth Day 2010
• Earth Day Crafts
• Earth Day Recipes
• Earth Day Printables
• Earth Day at Home