Age: Elementary+ (9-12) Teenagers (13+) Parents
For a relaxing gift, make this soothing and scented lavender pillow.
What you'll need:
- Dried lavender
- Sewing maching or needle and thread
- Flax seeds or dried lentils
- Measuring tape
How to make it:
- Decide how big and what shape you'd like your pillow to be.
- Cut out two pieces of fabric in the size that you've choosen (make sure both pieces are the same size).
- Sew these pieces together, right sides facing (so the excess fabric will be flipped inside the pillow, showing a nice closed seam on the outside).
- Leave a three-inch opening on one side through which you can stuff your pillow.
- Turn the fabric inside out.
- Fill with flax seeds or beans and dried lavender.
- Hand sew the opening closed.