LEGO Brick Costume
Parental supervision is recommended
You can delight avid Lego fans with this LEGO brick costume. Any craft that lets kids build a costume and dress up as their favorite toy for Halloween is always a hit.
What you'll need:
- Cardboard box (big enough for child to fit inside)
- Craft paint in red, yellow, blue, or white
- Solo cups in color to match paint
- Tacky glue or hot glue
- Sweat suits in matching color
- Spray paint in matching color
- Old tennis shoes or white inexpensive shoes
- Elastic, very thin
How to make it:
- Paint the cardboard box in the color desired. Let dry.
- Glue the cups onto the box to look like a LEGO brick.
- Staple one end of the elastic on the lip of a cup.
- Place the cup on the child's head. Stretch the elastic under the chin and meet up at the opposite side of the cup. Check the comfort level for the child and then carefully staple the elastic to the cup.
- Remove the cup from the child's head, and cut off the excess elastic.
- Spray paint an old pair of shoes to match the costume. Let dry.
- Dress the child in matching sweats, the LEGO brick, the shoes, and the "hat" (cup).