Light Bulb Santa
By: Amanda Formaro
Parental supervision is recommended
This recycled Light Bulb Santa craft is sure to brighten someone's day. A great Christmas ornament for kids to make and give as gifts.
What you'll need:
- Burnt out light bulb
- Acrylic (craft) paint in white, red, flesh, black, and pink
- Gold cord or ribbon
- Hot glue
- Black marker
- Newspaper or paper towel
How to make it:
- Paint an oval for Santa's face with flesh acrylic paint in the center of the round part of the light bulb.
- Paint entire remaining round portion of light bulb with white acrylic paint.
- Paint neck of bulb red, and top (socket) of "hat" white. Allow to dry completely.
- Using black acrylic paint, dot on two eyes.
- Using black marker, draw on smile.
- Dip clean paintbrush into pink acrylic paint, dab off excess paint onto newspaper or paper towel. Gently blotch on pink cheeks.
- Touch up Santa's beard and hat brim with more white paint.
- Hot glue a loop of gold cord or ribbon to the back of the bulb. Craft glue is not recommended as it does not adhere as well as hot glue does.
For additional craft ideas, see Amanda Formaro's Christmas Crafts. Be sure to check out her Glass Ornament Snowmen craft!