Little Package Thank You Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
It looks like a minature Christmas present, but lo and behold-- it's really a card!
What you'll need:
- Recycled/reclaimed Christmas paper
- White cardstock
- 1/8" wide colored ribbon
- Glue stick
- Paper scissors
- Double-sided tape
- Thin black marker
- Glue gun
- Scalloped edge scissors
How to make it:
Step 1: Cut out Ribbon, Bow and Tag
- Cut out one 4"x 8" rectangle on recycled/reclaimed Christmas paper and (1) on white cardstock.
- Cut out one piece of ½”x 9"strip of solid colored recycled Christmas paper.
- Cut out two pieces of ½”x 6" strips" for the bow.
- Cut out two pieces of ½” x 5" strips for the bow.
- Cut out two pieces of ½”x 4"strips for the bow.
- Cut out one piece of ½”x 1.5” strips for the bow.
- Using cardstock, cut out one 1 ¾" circle with scalloped edge scissors.
- Using cardstock, cut out one 1 ½" circle.
Step 2: Card/ Ribbon and Bow
- Cover cardstock with recycled paper using glue stick
- Fold card in half so it is now a square.
- Glue the ½"x 9" long strip of paper onto the card onto the center front and center back of card leaving 1"end of strip paper unglued near the opening of the card (opposite the fold)..
Step 3: Create a Bow
- Glue remaining strips of paper ends together and at center creating a bow.
- Create individual loops with each strip by bringing the ends to the middle and glueing them down.
- Take the two largest strips (1/2" x 6") and overlap them in a criss-cross shape, glueing them together where they overlap.
- Repeat with each pair of smaller loops.
- Glue each pair of loops on top of each other, stacking the smaller loops on top of the larger loops.
- Glue last small loop in centre of bow.
- Glue bow on top of ribbon 1"' from unglued strip.
- Write your message in the inside of the card.
- Place double-sided tape on the inside of 1" ribbon end and tape the card closed.
Step 4: Tag
- Place glue on the 1 ½" circle.
- Glue circle on top center of scalloped edge circle.
- Write “To:” on top of tag.
- Pierce hole on top of tag and hammer gromet over top of hole.
- Thread ribbon through hole.
- Glue end of ribbon to top front of card.
- Substitute paper ribbon and bow for recycled Christmas ribbon and bow.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Burlington, Canada.