Love Birds Christmas Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This card is for that special someone close to your heart! The festive feathers and rhinestones make this craft fun, yet fancy.
What you'll need:
- Colored cardstock
- Small rhinestone diamonds (4)
- Beads or artificial berries
- Green paper
- Glue gun
- String or thin wire
- Paper scissors
How to make it:
Step 1: Cut Out Patterns
- Fold colored cardstock in half. For the birds, use a folded piece of cardstock, matching it up to the "fold line" indicated on the pattern.
- Trace and cut out leaf pattern on green colored paper.
Step 2: Body and Wings of Birds
- On the frontside of the card, glue a handful of feathers to the tails of the birds.
- Glue a small piece of boa on base of each tail, on top of where the feathers are glued to the card.
- Glue a single feather on front and back of each bird for wings.
- Glue two rhinestone diamonds on the front of card and two on back of card for eyes.
Step 3: Beads and Leaves
- String together medium and small beads and glue to the front of beak.
- Glue two leaves on the front of the card, underneath the beads, and glue another leaf on the back of card.
- Subsitute feathers for curled strips of paper.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.