Love-ly Valentine's Day Notebook
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 4 and up
Embellish a basic notebook and use it as a diary, a record keeper for fun activities, a place to store friends' phone numbers or even as a place to collect your Valentine cards in. Whatever you use it for, you'll love its colorful and whimsical design.
What you'll need:
- Pink foam journal
- Heart shaped foam stamps
- Acrylic paint in white, pink, red, purple, and yellow
- Paint brush
How to make it:
- Paint foam side of stamp with desired color.
- Press down gently but firmly onto foam notebook cover.
- Decorate with different stamps and colors.
- Use paint brush to touch up any empty spots.
- Use point on paint brush handle to make dots. Dip handle into paint and dot onto foam cover.
- Let dry completely.
- Foam journals come in a variety of colors and are available at most discount department stores. Light blue or purple works great for boys!
- Foam stamps are inexpensive and can be washed and used over and over again. Most craft stores have an entire aisle dedicated to foam stamps!
- Use this cute notebook as a diary, doodle book, to tape Valentine cards in, write friend's phone numbers, or for just about anything.