By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Proudly display these darling lucky blocks where everyone can see them this St. Patrick's Day!
What you'll need:
- 5 wooden blocks
- Light green and green acrylic paint
- Gold paint pen
- White or clear glitter glue
How to make it:
- Paint three of the blocks green and the other two blocks light green and let dry. (See photo.)
- Use a gold paint pen to write the letters L, U, C, K, and Y, one on each block. (See photo.)
- Squeeze some glitter glue on to the top of each block and spread out with a paintbrush. (See photo.) Use the brush and excess glitter glue from the top to add glitter to the sides and front as well. Let dry completely.
- Wood blocks are available at your local craft supply store.
- Children's alphabet blocks can be used for this project. Simply paint and go over the raised letters with gold paint pen.
- The color green is associated with St. Patrick's Day because it is the color of spring, Ireland, and shamrocks.