Parental supervision is recommended
Kids don't make any bones about doing this macaroni skeleton craft. It's fun, educational, and makes a great Halloween activity.
Be sure to visit our main Halloween index for more spooky fun including more crafts, boo-tiful costumes, ghoulish printables and creepy recipe treats! As well, check out our Thanksgiving and Fall crafts for even more exciting activities.
What you'll need:
- Black construction paper (approximately 6" x 11.5")
- Glue that will dry clear
- Lima beans (head, thorax, hips)
- Short, small macaroni in a tube (spine)
- Thin twisted macaroni (arms, legs)
- Elbow noodles (ribs)
- Small shells (joints)
- Spaghetti (fingers, toes)
- Black permanent marker
- White crayon to write their name on the paper
How to make it:
- Build a sample skeleton for the children to copy from. Review the key features with them.
- Let them build their skeleton and have them work from the head down (i.e., head, neck/trunk, ribs, etc.), gluing the macaroni and beans to the paper as they go.
- When they glue and macaroni has set, have them draw a smile and eyes on the "head".
As preparation for this project, study the human skeleton. Talk about symmetry between the two sides of the body, and how many ribs, fingers and toes we have.