Parental supervision is recommended
A small metal sheet turns into a useful Magnet Holder craft that's fun for Scouts and kids alike. Post away!
What you'll need:
- 1x4x12" board, painted or stained
- Flat metal (slightly smaller than the board)
- Picture hanger
- Hammer, if needed
How to make it:
- To a "finished" (stained, painted) board, glue a piece of flat metal (so the metal is "framed" by the board).
- Add a picture hanger to the back of the board.
- Give as gift (include a homemade magnet as a starter).
Tacky Glue is better for crafts than hot glue, which kids can easily get hurt using; it's thicker and tackier than Elmer's Glue and dries quickly.
Barb Stephens was kind enough to post these activities that can be done with Cub Scouts - boys ages 7-9 years old. She gave us permission to edit her posting.