Magnetic memo pads
Parental supervision is recommended
Create a memorable, customized gift with this Magnetic memo pad craft. Fun and practical for any occasion, this personalized magnetic memo pad is sure to stick around for a while.
What you'll need:
- Color printer (black and white printer works as well)
- Scanner, digital camera, or other means to import a design into graphics software
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Self-adhesive large or heavy-duty magnet
- Tulip Glitter Paint
- Paint brush
- Wax paper
- Heavy book(s)
How to make it:
- Design the memo pad on white paper using pencils to sketch your design.
- Color using markers to make a bright design.
- Import the graphics using a scanner, camera, or other means.
- Size the graphics to fit the paper. For example, you could put 2 to 6 graphics on a piece of paper, depending on the finished size you desire.
- Print out multiple copies of the designs. (We generally print out a total of 100 cut sheets.)
- Be sure to let each page dry before handling.
- Use a ruler to determine the size of the pad.
- Cut a piece of cardboard the size of the pad to use as the base of the pad.
- Use a paper cutter, or scissors, to cut the memo sheets to size.
- Stack all the memo sheets facing the same direction.
- Hold the tablet at the top, tapping on the table to get all the sheets to align correctly.
- Tear a piece of wax paper larger than the tablets. Place on working surface.
- Place sheets on top of the cardboard that has been cut to size.
- Make certain the sheets are even on the top end. Place a heavy book(s) on top of the tablet leaving about 1/2" or less of the top end of the sheets exposed.
- Using a paintbrush, paint the glitter paint along the exposed end. Be sure to coat liberally.
- Let dry overnight.
- Remove book and trim excess glitter paint off if necessary.
- Add a self-adhesive LARGE or heavy-duty magnet to the back of the pad.
- Place on the refrigerator to keep handy for grocery lists, TO DO lists, and more!