By: Tania Cowling
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Nowadays, we enjoy the convenience of email correspondence, but those electronic messages lack the warmth and personality of an old-fashioned letter. To encourage your kids to keep writing, help your child make special paper on which to write notes for grandparents and special friends.
What you'll need:
- Liquid dish soap
- Several bowls
- Food coloring
- White paper
How to make it:
- Mix water and soap in several bowls.
- Add different food coloring to each bowl.
- Use straws to blow into the bowls, creating bubbles along the surface. (Be sure to teach your younger children how to blow out and not suck the soapy water in.)
- Carefully lay a sheet of white paper over the bubbles to make a delicate bubble print.
- Overlap the bubble prints and patterns by laying the sheets over several bowls of different-colored bubbles.
- Let the paper dry thoroughly. Then have fun writing your letters—just think: creativity with both words and art!