Parental supervision is recommended
Transform ordinary white paper into attractive Marble Paper with marbling ink and water. Kids are sure to love the results of this magical craft.
What you'll need:
- Assorted colors of oil paints or marbling inks (the inks work better)
- Plain, white paper (computer paper works best)
- Oven pan covered with tin foil (make sure the pan is big enough to fit your paper)
- Water to fill the saucepan
- 1 teaspoon of Vinegar (if using marbling inks)
- Newspaper to cover your work area
- Pencil or toothpick
How to make it:
- Fill the oven pan (with the tin foil over it) with water.
- If you are using marbling inks, put the teaspoon of vinegar in the oven pan, and mix well.
- Put in just a tad of the marbling inks or oil paints (using two or more colors works best). Swirl the colors with the pencil or toothpick.
- Put the paper in the pan slowly. Work quickly, especially when using oil paints. If you do not, the paint will make a sheet on top of the water, and you will not be able to marble.
- Take the paper out and put it face down on the newspaper for about a minute.
- You are done! Use the paper when completely dry.