Parental supervision is recommended
Christmas evenings will glow with this glass votive marbled candleholder. Make this season a festive one as you and your kids create this easy Christmas craft.
What you'll need:
- Glass votive cup (we used one that resembled a terracotta pot)
- Red flat glass marbles (16mm to 18mm) (see tips)
- Green flat glass marbles (16mm to 18mm)
- Tall taper candle
How to make it:
- Hold a taper candle in the candleholder.
- Fill the surrounding area with the glass marbles. You can make a layered look or just randomly add them to the candleholder.
- That was quick!
These flat marbles are found generally in the floral department of your local craft store. They are made of glass and used in floral arrangements and in aquariums. We have seen the marbles in clear, in a range of colors, including frosted marbles.
Note: Unless you use dripless candles, you will have wax dripped on your marbles. You could cut some clear acetate to fit in the top of the votive holder with a hole in the middle to hold the candle. The acetate could be cleaned off easily.