Marbled Clay Beads
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 4 and up
This fun project can take on whatever look you want. Whether it’s a marbled design or one of more solid color, kids will have a blast putting them together.
What you'll need:
- No-bake modeling clay (We recommend Crayola Model Magic Clay): Red, yellow, blue
- Wooden skewers
- Clear crafting lace
How to make it:
- Pinch off small pieces of modeling clay, one pinch from each color. Start with red and yellow and knead the together long enough for them to form a marbled effect.
- Once you have the desired effect, roll the clay in your hands into a ball.
- Slide the clay ball on to a wooden skewer, twisting as you go to create the hole in the bead.
- Repeat this process for as many beads and as many color combinations as you like.
- Let the beads dry on the skewer; be sure that they are spaced enough apart so that they are not touching each other.
- Remove from skewer when dry, about 3-4 hours, and thread onto crafting lace. Tie and wear!
- These beads make cute key chains as well, key chains are available at your local craft supply store.
- Make solid colors from the three primary colors by continuing to knead the clay past the marbled stage.
- Small items like wiggle eyes, mini beads, sequins, etc can be added to the beads right after threading onto the skewer and will stay in after they have dried.