Marbled Easter Eggs
Parental supervision is recommended
You and your kids can turn plain eggs into precious marble patterned Easter eggs in a few simple steps. Enjoy making more holiday eggs with these great Easter egg decorating ideas.
What you'll need:
- Onion skin
- Old pantyhose
- Twist ties
- Deep saucepan and lid
- Deep bowl (to cool eggs in)
- Access to a stove
- Strainer spoon
How to make it:
- Wrap fresh eggs in onion skin.
- Carefully insert the egg (with skin) into old pantyhose and tie the ends so the egg can't escape.
- Place eggs in deep saucepan.
- Add enough cold water to about 1" or more above the eggs.
- Heat rapidly to boiling. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 24 minutes.
- Immediately cool eggs in cold water in a bowl to prevent further cooking.
- Remove the pantyhose - eggs are marbled.