Marbled Votive Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
Teens and adults can have fun making this unusual marbled votive holder. It makes a fun holiday craft and unique way to display your candles.
What you'll need:
- Glass votive cup (we used one that resembled a terracotta pot)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue gun pad, or other safe surface
- Jewelry hot glue sticks (see tips)
- Red flat glass marbles (16mm to 18mm) (see tips)
- Green flat glass marbles (16mm to 18 mm)
- Small glass or jar with cold water
- Votive candle
How to make it:
- Lay out the red marbles on the table next to you while your hot glue gun heats up.
- Place the small glass of water close by. This is in case you get touched by the hot glue or hot glue gun!
- Run a thick bead of glue about 2 inches in length on the top outside rim of the glass (see the red line of marbles for placement).
- Immediately start placing the marbles in the glue. The glue sets up quick!
- When you get close to being about 4 or 5 marbles from finishing a row, lay them on the votive to see if they will all fit. You may have to try different marbles to make them fit. If they don't, a small overlap is fine.
- Repeat with the following rows below using the green marbles.
- Make sure on the bottom row that the votive will be able to SIT on the table. You may wish to save the smallest green marbles for the bottom row.
- Place a votive candle inside and either give as a gift or enjoy it yourself!
We chose using jewelry hot glue over the liquid jewelry glue due to the length of drying time. The jewelry glue in a bottle that we looked at required gluing, then letting set for overnight. This "wait" time could make this project take several days before you would get it completed.
These flat marbles are found generally in the floral department of your local craft store. They are made of glass and used in floral arrangements and in aquariums. We have seen the marbles in clear, in a range of colors, including frosted marbles.