May Basket with Doilies
Difficulty: Very Easy
Using a Paper Crimper adds dimension to your construction paper and provides interest.
Parental supervision is recommended with the use of the Paper Crimper.
What you'll need:
- Fiskars Paper Crimper
- Paper doilies
- Blue construction paper (or any color desired)
- Tacky glue or school glue (like Elmer's)
- Paper clips or stapler
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or yarn
How to make it:
- Cut a rectangle out of the construction paper to fit into the Paper Crimper.
- Crimp the paper.
- From the bottom middle of the long edge, twist the paper into a cone shape.
- Use either a stapler to hold in place, or glue and use paper clips to hold until dry.
- Let the child glue paper doilies on wherever they desire.
- Hole punch two holes in the top of the cone, directly across from each other.
- Tie ribbon or yarn to hang the cone with.
- Early on the morning of May 1st, fill with real or handmade flowers.
- Hang on your neighbor's door, a friend's, or anyone special to you.
- Remember, it's supposed to be a surprise!