Plastic Bottle May Basket
Make this basket from a small pop bottle.
Parental supervision is recommended.
What you'll need:
- 20 ounce or 1/2 liter plastic pop bottle
- Craft knife
- Bumpy chenille stem (or regular chenille stem)
- Hole punch
- Narrow ribbon, optional
- Real flowers or handmade flowers
How to make it:
- Cut the bottle with the craft knife about 4" from the bottom. Discard top.
- Hole punch on two sides directly across from each other.
- Insert one end of the chenille stem from the outside to the inside. Bring it up and twist to the stem above the bottle edge.
- Repeat for other end of the chenille stem.
- If desired, punch holes around the top of the bottle. Weave a ribbon in and out through the openings.
- Early on the morning of May 1st, fill with real or handmade flowers.
- Hang on your neighbor's door, a friend's, or anyone special to you.
- Remember, it's supposed to be a surprise!