Recycled May Basket
This is a cute way to use up empty Play-Doh containers. Fill with short-stemmed flowers or with handmade flowers.
What you'll need:
- Empty Play-Doh container, washed and dry
- Construction paper
- Glue or tape
- Hole punch
- Chenille stem, ribbon or yarn
- Decorative hole punches, optional
- Markers, optional
How to make it:
- Cut a rectangle out of the construction paper to fit around the Play-Doh container.
- If desired, use markers to decorate the paper prior to attaching to container.
- Glue or tape the paper to the container.
- If desired, use a decorative hole punch to punch shapes from different colors of construction paper. Glue paper punched shapes on the container.
- Hole punch two holes in the top of the container, directly across from each other.
- Attach a chenille stem, tie ribbon or yarn, to hang the container on the door handle.
- Early on the morning of May 1st, fill with real or handmade flowers.
- Hang on your neighbor's door, a friend's, or anyone special to you.
- Remember, it's supposed to be a surprise!