Paper Plate May Basket
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Let the children decide how to decorate the outside of the paper plates. The children can make their own flowers from construction paper to put inside. Any mother would love this, and so would a grandmother!
What you'll need:
- 2 Flimsy paper plates
- Construction paper
- Markers or paint, optional
- Decorative scissors, optional
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or yarn
How to make it:
- Cut one plate in half. Set aside one half for another project or for another child to use.
- Decorate the outside (bottom) of the plates using markers, paint, construction paper, or whatever you wish. Let dry.
- Staple the circular paper plate and the half plate together, outsides facing out.
- Hole punch two holes in the top of the circular paper plate. (see photo)
- Attach a piece of ribbon or yarn so you can hang the basket on the door handle.
- Create flowers and leaves from construction paper. Glue pieces together.
- Assemble in your basket. Glue in place.
- Early on the morning of May 1st place it on your mother's bedroom door.
- You can also make more baskets to hang on your neighbor's door, a friend's, or anyone special to you.
- Remember, it's supposed to be a surprise!