Mini First Aid Kit
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Recycle a film canister and transform it into a handy Mini First Aid Kit for kids to wear on their belt. Great for Tiger Cubs.
What you'll need:
- Fuji film canister
- Orange or black pony bead
- Tiger sticker (from Tiger Cub Family Activity Packet)
- Orange plastic lanyard (Rexlace)
- Midget Tootsie Rolls
- Alcohol swab
- Hot glue or "Glue Dots" (A & W Products)
How to make it:
- Adhere the pony bead to the top of the film canister using either hot glue or Glue Dots.
- Place a Tiger sticker on outside of canister.
- Lace the orange plastic lanyard through lid. Tie a knot. You can also use a hole punch and punch 2 holes in the lid then string the lanyard through. Tie a knot.
- Cut a Q-tip in half.
- Put Tootsie Rolls, alcohol swab, a Band-Aid, 1/2 Q-Tip inside the canister. Secure the lid.
- Put your Mini First Aid Kit on your belt. If you get hurt or lost from the group, clean the spot with the alcohol wipe, put on a Band-Aid, and eat a Tootsie Roll.
Note from editor: We found Glue Dots at our local Wal-Mart in the school or business supply area. Although the Glue Dots are a lot more expensive than a hot glue gun, they are SAFER for children to use. Supervise the use as this adhesive is extremely sticky and can be a bit tricky to use at first.