Miniature Poinsettia Pot
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This cute little flower would make a perfect decoration for a fashion doll house or look equally as pretty sitting on a windowsill with your other holiday decorations.
What you'll need:
- 1 red glitter chenille stem
- 1 cardboard egg cup
- Modeling clay
- 3’ x 3” piece of green tissue paper
- 6” silver ribbon
- Silver acrylic paint
- 1 yellow pony bead
- Green toothpick
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Paint the egg cup with silver paint and set aside to dry.
- Bend red chenille stem in half. At the bent end, twist about one inch down to form a petal.
- String the yellow pony bead on to one end of the chenille.
- Continue bending both ends of the chenille into petals, keeping the yellow pony bead in the middle.
- When egg cup is dry, fill the cup with some modeling clay, about two thirds the ways up the cup.
- Insert toothpick into the bottom of the flower, it should come up through the pony bead.
- Insert the other end of the toothpick into the modeling clay.
- Crumple the green tissue paper around the base of the plant to hide the modeling clay.
- Tie ribbon into a bow and trim of ends. Glue bow to the front of the pot.
- You can use a regular red chenille stem in place of the glitter chenille. Poinsettias also come in white, try this color as well!
- Use up an entire empty carton of egg by creating a dozen of these, then glue little name tags to them and use on your holiday table..
- To make this heavier, glue a washer to the bottom of the egg cup before adding the modeling clay.