By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
These cute little miniature present ornaments will look wonderful hanging on your tree! They are super-easy to make, but are quite elegant-looking.
What you'll need:
- Wooden cubes
- Acrylic paint in festive colors
- Festive ribbon
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Paint each cube with desired color. Let dry.
- If you like, make polka dots on your cube using a toothpick dipped in paint. Let dry (see image).
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 12 inches long. Find the center of the ribbon and place a painted cube onto it. Wrap the ribbon around the cube as you would a regular present.
- Tie the ends into a bow, and then double knot the bow.
- Take the two open ends of the ribbon and bring the up together, tie in a knot at the top to create the hanger.
- Use a few dots of white glue to secure the ribbon to the cube.
- Wood cubes are available at your local craft supply store.
- Let children pick whatever colors they like for the paint, festive or holiday colors are not a requirement!
- If you prefer to make this a recycling project, use small boxes, such as a toothpick box.