Sunflower Pillow Craft
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This cute little pillow will look darling sitting on a shelf or desk; it even makes a great pincushion! Make one to celebrate autumn.
What you'll need:
- ½ sheet gold felt
- ½ sheet brown felt
- 4-6 cotton balls
- Small scrap of red felt
- Black craft paint
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Using the pattern cut out 2 large circles from brown felt and the flower from gold felt. Cut out the center circle of the felt flower.
- Glue one of the brown circles onto the center of the flower.
- Turn the flower over and glue the other brown circle to the other side, leaving about an inch or so open for the filling.
- Carefully stuff the center of the flower with cotton balls.
- Glue open end of the circle shut.
- Cut an oval from the red felt to make a ladybug.
- Paint one end of the red felt with black paint to create the head. Use the handle end of the paintbrush to add dots to the ladybug’s back. Let paint dry.
- Glue ladybug to the flower.
- Hot glue can really hurt, so have a grown-up help you with those steps.
- When gluing the last part of the center circle closed, use a toothpick or craft stick to press the felt onto the glue so that you don’t burn your fingers.
- Keep plenty of different colored felts on hand for fun and quick projects!