By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
These rainbow mobiles are very colorful and are very easy to make for St. Patrick's Day. They look so inviting you may end up making more than just one!
What you'll need:
- 1 paper plate
- Paper streamers or wide ribbon in rainbow colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
Craft paint in rainbow colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
- White craft glue
- Piece of ribbon for hanging
- Shamrock garland OR cut your own shamrocks from green construction paper
How to make it:
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Cut a 40-inch length of streamer in each color.
- Cut each length up the middle to create two long strips of each color.
- Reserve one set of rainbow color strips for another project or for a second Rainbow Mobile.
- Use one strip of each color. Glue the red streamer strip around the top curve of the paper plate. Make sure to center the streamer so you have equal lengths hanging off each side.
- Repeat with each color, moving your way down from red to orange, then yellow, green, blue and lastly purple.
- Add one more thin purple strip to the back of the plate to fill the gap in the center.
- Tie a piece of ribbon into a knot, then glue to the back of the plate to use as a hanger.
- Foam plates work well for this project. They have smooth edges and paint sticks right to them.
- Make a 3-D rainbow by painting two paper plate halves. Glue them together and hang your shamrocks from the bottom.
- Have something fun for the kids to do during drying time so they don't jump the gun and grab their projects too soon.