Luck of the Irish Mobile
Parental supervision is recommended
Bring luck to your house with this Irish mobile where there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Makes a great St. Patrick's Day craft and decoration for your home. You don't have to be Irish to be lucky!
What you'll need:
- About 32 Blue Perler Beads
- About 168 Yellow Perler Beads
- About 56 Purple Perler Beads
- About 190 Black Perler Beads
- Perler large square form
- Special ironing sheet (comes with the Perler beads)
- Iron and ironing board
- Clear plastic string or fishing line
- Needle or straight pin
- Suction cup with hook or place to add string (such as a Christmas lights)
How to make it:
- Look at the photograph for the idea on how to lay out your beads on the form. (Note: You will need to make 2 gold coins.)
- Iron the beads per the manufacturer's instructions.
- Let cool completely.
- Carefully peel off the shapes from the form.
- Cut a length of fishing line and tie to one end of the rainbow.
- Tie a gold coin to the other end of the line.
- Repeat above two steps to hang additional coin and the pot of gold (from the other end of the rainbow).
- Tie some additional fishing line on to the top of the rainbow to give you something to hang the rainbow from.
- Hang on the suction cup and place in your window or glass door.
You could also hang this in your car window. Make sure it doesn't block your parent's view! You can make your rainbow larger if you wish.