Mosaic Family Frame
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
You can have the warmth and charm of mosaic art without the mess, wait time and expensive materials. Try our family frame and display where all can see!
For more fun turkey-themed crafts, visit our main Thanksgiving crafts page. For more holiday fun, visit our main Thanksgiving page and learn about great Thanksgiving-themed entertainment and activities like clip art, books, and coloring pages.
What you'll need:
- Wooden frame, any size
- White acrylic craft paint
- Paint brush
- White craft glue
- Felt, in various colors, cut into ½” squares
- Buttons in various colors
- 4 white wooden beads
- 4 brown wooden beads
- Brown felt, cut into ¼” squares
How to make it:
- Paint the frame white, repeat if needed and let dry.
- Sort felt into piles by color. Glue ½” squares of felt around the outer border of the picture frame, leaving a small amount of white space between each. Colors should run in a pattern and repeat.
- Next, glue buttons, again in a repeating color pattern, around the border below the felt squares.
- Lastly, glue white wooden beads, one in each corner of the remaining frame border. Glue the brown wooden beads an equal distance away from each white wooden bead (see photo).
- Glue ¼” squares of brown felt in between the wooden beads, running in a straight pattern.
- Let dry completely and add your favorite family photo.
- You can change the colors on this project to match the season or your specific décor. Use different shades of blue for an ocean theme or shades of brown for a more rustic touch.
- If you don’t have enough buttons, try beads or even dried beans from the pantry!
More Thanksgiving Fun: