Mosaic French Flag
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids love to create, and this mosaic French flag craft is a great way to display their individual creativity. No one flag craft will be the same as the other. Celebrate Bastille Day by doing a mosaic craft French flag of your own.
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet white construction paper
- Glue stick
How to make it:
- Thumb through old magazines and find pages that have red, white and blue on them. Pull these pages out.
- Cut red, white and blue squares from the magazines and set into piles according to their color.
- Place white construction paper on the work surface and fold evenly into three sections. Fold gently to create two creases to use as a guideline for your flag’s sections.
- Use glue stick to attach magazine squares to the construction paper, blue on the left, white in the middle and red on the right.
- Write child’s name on the back.
- Save old magazines for projects such as these. If you have too many, remember to recycle them, not throw them away.
- If you don’t have magazines, you can use construction or tissue paper for this project as well.
- A glue stick works best for this project, though you can use white or school glue, just spread it on to the paper with a paintbrush or sponge applicator.