Mouse Christmas Ornament
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This mouse Christmas ornament is an easy way to make your own Christmas tree decorations. A bit of cardboard and some imagination make this a favorite Christmas ornament craft, especially for cat owners.
What you'll need:
- Gray craft foam
- Heart stencil, die cut, or cookie cutter
- Scrap of yarn in any color
- 2 Tiny wiggle eyes
- Hole punch
- Green or red 1/4" wide Ribbon
- Green or red "Painters" paint markers
How to make it:
- Lay the middle of the heart stencil on the edge of the craft foam. This creates a mouse shape. Trace around the stencil.
- Cut out "mouse".
- Hole punch two holes on the top of the mouse and one on the rounded end of the mouse. (see photo)
- Cut a piece of ribbon to hang the mouse.
- Tie the ribbon at each end.
- Write your cat's name on the mouse. You may want to write the YEAR on the back.
- Tie the yarn for the tail.
- Glue a wiggle eye on each side of the head. (see photo)
- Hang on your Christmas tree and enjoy!
- Craft Stick Tree Ornament
- Rudolph Reindeer Ornament
- Clothespin Angel Ornament
- Felt Present Ornament
- More Christmas Ornaments
This can also be made out of construction paper or gray cardboard.