Parental supervision is recommended
Turn two rolls of cardboard into magical multicolor binoculars. A fun Columbus Day craft that kids will love to build and explore with--just like Dora!
What you'll need:
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls for each child
- 2 rubber bands for each child
- Colored plastic wrap cut into squares about 4 x 4 inches (adjust as needed)
- Optional: hole punch, yarn and scissors to make a neck strap
How to make it:
- Take an empty roll and place a colored square evenly over one end of the roll.
- While holding it in place, put a rubber band over it to secure it.
- Repeat with the other roll and square
- Watch in delight as the kid's explore their world in blue, pink, etc.
- Option: create a neck strap by punching a hole on each outside edge of the binoculars. Cut a length of yarn (to size for the child) insert each end into the hole and tie a thick knot to hold the yarn in place.
To dress up the "binoculars", you can decorate them with markers before adding the wrap.