My Garden Window Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Create this one-of-a-kind, hand-made gift card to celebrate Mother’s Day!
What you'll need:
How to make it:
Trace template shapes onto cardstock and cut out with scissors as follows:
- Print out card pattern on cardstock
- Cut out 10” W x 7” L size card
- Cut out a rectangle-shaped window on front of card
- Score centre of card half-way down from top of card and fold in half
- Print out window pattern on cardstock
- Cut out (2) 1/8” W x 3¼” L strips for window pane
- Cut out (2) 1/8” W x 4¼” L strips for window pane
- Cut out (2) rectangle-shaped frames for inside & outside of window
FLOWER BOX PATTERN
- Print out box pattern on cardstock
- Cut out box and score sides as per dotted lines
- Cut out scalloped trim piece for front of box
MAKING THE CARD
- Place (4) window strips evenly apart - (2) horizontally and (2) vertically (criss-cross shape formation to fit inside window).
- Glue criss-cross strips onto window on inside of card.
- Glue frame onto window – (1) on front and (1) on inside of card.
- Pleat with fingers and glue a piece of lace material (2” W x 4” L) at the top and on the inside of window frame (for window curtain).
- Score, fold and glue sides of the flower box together.
- Place a strip of padded sticky tape on back of scalloped trim and adhere to front of flower box.
- Glue flower box onto the front of the card (flush at bottom edge of card and centre under window).
- Cut out (2) pieces of coloured ribbon (1/8” W x 10” L) for card ties.
- Loop (1) end of each piece of ribbon and glue looped-end onto front and back of card, half-way down from top and close to the edge of the card.
- Glue and place a pearl bead on top of each looped-end of ribbon.
- Cut out a piece of floral foam to fit inside the flower box.
- Soak floral foam in water and place inside a small plastic sandwich bag, trim (if needed).
- Place wet floral foam inside the flower box.
Cut and insert a small bunch of fresh flowers or plant in the floral foam to create a flower box.
- You can also add to this unique Mother’s Day Card by simply inserting a picture inside (using corner tabs), making it a one-of-a-kind keep-sake card.
- You can use different fabric for curtains.