Napkin Applique Easter Eggs
Parental supervision is recommended
Ever wonder how to hollow out an egg shell? This napkin applique Easter egg craft for kids will teach them how plus making a beautiful and unique egg decoration for Easter.
What you'll need:
- Raw eggs
- Straight pin
- Sponge brush
- School glue (like Elmer's)
- Decorative paper napkins (flower or Easter designs are nice)
- Paper plate
- Wax paper
How to make it:
- Prick egg at both ends with straight pin. Make the hole on the bottom a little larger.
- Blow the egg out.
- Wash off egg and dry.
- Put some glue on a paper plate.
- Divide the napkin into layers. Keep only the top decorated layer.
- Tear the napkin into about 2" or smaller pieces.
- Sponge brush glue on part of the egg.
- Lay a piece of the napkin, right side up, over the egg. Smooth.
- Continue covering egg with glue and napkins.
- Finish with one coat of glue over entire egg to seal.
- Let dry completely.
- Use your eggs in baskets, table decorations, or any place you would like.
Make sure you blow the eggs over a sink or bowl.