By: Mia Cronan
Age: 6 and up
Who doesn't love a nerd? Using a combination of clothing and fun accessories, your child will be the geekiest in the neighborhood. He won't scare anyone, but he's sure smart enough to get some laughs from his friends!
What you'll need:
- Khaki or plaid pants (too short for your child, or cut short) or shorts
- Hard, dark shoes
- White socks
- A button-up shirt that does not match the pants
- Pocket protector and pens
- Large plastic glasses
- Masking tape
- Hair gel
- Bow tie (optional)
How to make it:
- Dress up in all the clothing listed above, being sure to pull the pants up too high. Button shirt all the way up.
- Using hair gel, slick it on, part it carefully down the middle, and comb flat to head.
- Place the pocket protector in your pocket and add pens.
- Wrap the bridge of the glasses with a hefty amount of masking tape, being careful not to limit visibility (see image).
- If a bow tie is not available, a regular necktie will do nicely.
- If you have access to the kind of nametags that have “Hello, My Name is….” printed on them, that would add a nice touch! A lapel tag that says “Tech Support” is another idea!
Mia Cronan is a craft freelancer and mother of five based in Ohio.