New Year's Pasta Numbers
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
These fun New Year's pasta numbers are very sturdy and will be the talk of your New Year's Eve celebration!
What you'll need:
- Thin cardboard (cereal box, etc)
- Dry, uncooked pasta (ziti, elbows, etc)
- Dry beans
- White craft glue
- White craft paint
- Ribbon for hangers
- Glitter glue
- Paint brush
How to make it:
- Freehand draw the numbers you need onto a piece of paper, cut them out and trace them onto cardboard and cut them out (see image).
- Pipe generous amounts of white craft glue on to the numbers, then press pasta and beans all over the numbers. Allow to dry completely, several hours (see image).
- When dry, paint the pasta numbers with white paint -- be sure to get into all the crevices as well. Let dry (see image).
- When paint is dry, paint a coat of glitter glue, any color you like, over the top of the white layer. Let dry completely (see image).
- When dry, turn numbers over, apply a good sized dollop of white craft glue to the back, and attach a looped piece of ribbon to use as a hanger (see image). When dry, trim any excess that may show from the front.
- Instead of glitter glue, you can sprinkle regular glitter directly onto the wet white paint, or wait for the paint to dry and apply white craft glue over the paint with a sponge or paint brush, then sprinkle with glitter.
- If you prefer, you can change the color of the paint from white to anything you like. Silver or gold would look great!
- This is a very simple project that even the little ones an get into, however there is a lot of drying time, so be sure to plan accordingly.