Night Sky "Star" Globe
By: Tania Cowling
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Here's a homemade toy that will bottle up the night sky for kids to enjoy any time of day. As your child shakes the "star" globe, he can watch the stars twinkle as they fall.
What you'll need:
- Clear plastic water bottle
- Mineral oil
- Star sequins (found in art and craft stores)
- Blue food coloring (optional)
- Heavy-duty glue
How to make it:
- Get a small, clear plastic water bottle.
- Fill it two-thirds full with mineral oil.
- Add star sequins and silver glitter.
- Pour in water until the jar is full.
- Drop in a little blue food coloring if you wish.
- Run a line of heavy-duty glue around the inside of the lid and screw the lid onto the bottle tightly.