Noel Sparkle Jar
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This cute little jar filled with pretty baubles will sparkle and shine next to your Christmas lights.
What you'll need:
- Small jar with lid
- Green felt
- Colorful sequins
- Red glitter glue
- White craft glue
- Enough flat clear or opalescent marbles to fill the jar
How to make it:
- Remove lid and turn upside down onto a piece of felt. Glue the felt to the top and sides of the lid.
- Use red glitter glue to write the word “NOEL” on the side of the jar. Place the jar on its side where it won’t roll or get bumped. Allow to dry overnight.
- Use scissors to trim the excess felt around the jar lid.
- Glue colorful sequins around the brim of the lid.
- Fill jar with marbles and put lid on. Place somewhere near Christmas lights and watch the marbles sparkle!
- The white craft glue will not grab right away when attaching the felt to the lid. Use a couple of rubber bands or a black office clip to hold the excess felt tight while it dries.
- Flat marbles are available at your local craft supply store. You can use regular marbles as well!
- If you don’t have sequins, you can use pony beads.