North Pole Sign
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 8 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This cute little sign makes a fun Christmas decoration for your home. Display this craft on your mantle or holiday table.
What you'll need:
- Jumbo craft stick
- Wooden doll pin stand
- Cardboard (from a cereal box, cracker box, etc)
- Red and white acrylic paint
- White glitter glue
- Black marker
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Paint doll pin and craft stick with white paint and set aside to dry.
- Paint a 4”x4” piece of cardboard with white paint and set aside to dry.
- 3” x 4” piece of cardboard with red paint and set aside to dry.
- When craft stick is dry, paint red stripes, on an angle, going up the stick. Let dry completely.
- When white cardboard is dry, cut out a 2” x 1.5” rectangle and three 3” x 0.5” rectangles.
- Take the three equal rectangles and cut a pointed end on two (pointing to the right) and on one (pointing to the left). Use the black marker to write the phrases “elf workshop”, “reindeer barn”, and “Santa’s house” on the signs, or come up with your own fun phrases.
- On the 2” x 1.5” white rectangle write the words “North Pole”.
- From the red cardboard, cut a rectangle 2.75” x 2”. Glue the white “North Pole” sign to the red rectangle. Trim if needed to make even.
- When the craft stick is dry, carefully push one end into the wooden doll stand. You may have to gently force it in a bit, but it will fit. Reinforce with craft glue.
- Glue the “North Pole” rectangle to the top of the craft stick and the remaining “arrow” signs below it.
- Add a little white glitter glue to each of the white signs, blend and spread it with your finger.
- Save cardboard from cereal and cracker boxes, writing paper pads, and spiral notebooks.
- Be patient; always allow your paint to dry. Have activities planned to compensate for drying times.
- Personalize this project by replacing the “North Pole” with your family’s last name. The arrow signs might read “Jimmy’s room”, “Mom’s Kitchen” and “Dad’s Workshop”. Come up with your own fun ideas!