By: Michelle Brownlow
Age: Teenagers (13+)
A simple piece of elastic string and some wooden, glass, or metal beads makes for a beautiful accessory. Boys and girls alike can choose beads to match their school colors, favorite college teams, or favorite outfit. This craft is a quickie and a great one for a team or scout group to raise a little extra money. A few friends and these low-cost supplies makes for a great fundraiser.
What you'll need:
- Elastic string
- Assorted large wooden, glass or metal beads
- Hot glue and glue gun
How to make it:
- Measure your wrist or the wrist of the person you are making this bracelet for.
- Layout your chosen beads in a pattern measuring one inch longer than your wrist measurement.
- Cut elastic string two inches longer than your wrist measurement.
- String beads in chosen pattern.
- Tie both ends of elastic together.
- Add a dab of hot glue to the knot and slide one bead over.
- To ensure the knot won’t come undone, fill the end bead with hot glue.
- Get a group together and string your way to your fundraising goal!