Numbers in Plastic Canvas
Display your pack or troop number in your room with Numbers in plastic canvas--the perfect craft for proud Girl or Boy Scouts.
What you'll need:
- Plastic canvas numbers (in your pack or troop number)
- Plastic canvas sheet (in same "count" as the numbers)
- Red yarn
- White yarn
- Blunt needle
How to make it:
For stitching instructions, please visit:
- Stitch the numbers using the Continental Stitch in white yarn. Do not Overcast Stitch the edges.
- Lay the stitched numbers on a sheet of plastic canvas. Determine spacing between numbers.
- Overcast Stitch the numbers into place using red yarn.
- Trim the canvas to the desired size. (See Plastic Canvas Basics for cutting instructions)
- Stitch the remaining area on the canvas in red yarn using the continental stitch.
- Finish the outside edges using the Overcast Stitch in red.
- Either hang the plaque up using the notch at one end of the plastic canvas, or tie a length of yarn to the top ends to make a loop to hang by.
- Hang this near any of your Cub Scout or Boy Scout plaques, bulletin boards, or other memorabilia.