Nut and candy cups
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
These nut and candy cups make great place settings for Boy Scouts' blue and gold banquets. This craft is also a perfect way to recycle used baby food jars.
What you'll need:
- Baby food jars, clean and dry
- 1/4" wide Yellow Ribbon
- 1/4" or 1/8" wide Blue Ribbon
- Small Cub Scout stickers (check your local Scout store or catalog)
- Nuts or small candies
How to make it:
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 20" in length out of both the blue and the yellow.
- Tie a knot around the threads of the jar using both ribbons (at the same time).
- Tie a bow using both of the ribbons. If desired, separate the ribbons to show the colors better.
- Apply one Cub Scout sticker to the jar.
- Fill with nuts or candy.
- Create as many jars as needed to complete your table setting.
- Place on the Blue and Gold Banquet table at each of the place settings.
You may wish to save the (clean) baby food jar lids. Decorate the jar, fill with nuts or candy, and place the lid on for easy transport to your Blue & Gold Banquet.
Buy inexpensive ribbon at the fabric, craft, or even Wal-Mart. The spools hold about 10 yards and are approximately 50 cents.