Oh! Christmas Tree Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
It just wouldn't be Christmas without an evergreen tree! Make someone smile this holiday season with this cut-away card.
What you'll need:
- Green paper
- Design paper
- Design cardstock
- 1/4" Ribbon
- Gold glitter marker
- 1/8" dowel
- Paper scissors
- Glue stick
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
Step 1: Template Card
- Trace and cut out template card on design cardstock.
- Cut a 7" wide x 10" long rectangle shape out of design paper.
- Glue the back rectangle shape on inside of card using a glue stick.
- Glue ribbon across bottom and top edge on front and back of card.
Step 2: Christmas Tree
- Cut various lengths of 1/4" wide strips of green paper.
- Wrap the 1/4” strips of green paper around a 1/8" dowel to create a curl.
- Hot glue curls on inside at center of card to create a tree.
- Tie a bow with 1/4" ribbon and glue to bottom of tree.
- Draw on the edge of the curls using a gold glitter marker.
- Substitute paper curls for cut out paper tree.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.