By: Tania Cowling
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Your children will feel like Olympians when they're sporting their own Olympic medals! Hold your own family games and dole out your homemade medals to the winners of each event: Balloon-between-the-knees race, backward race, egg-a-thon relay, high jump . . . the possibilities are endless.
What you'll need:
- Aluminum foil (gold foil can be purchased in craft stores)
- Crêpe paper or ribbons
How to make it:
- Cut large circles from the cardboard.
- Your children can cover the circles with foil to make medals.
- Tape any excess on the back.
- Cut lengths of crêpe paper or ribbon to fit loosely over the child's head.
- Staple the medal to the ribbon.