By: Dorothy LaFara
Keep kids hopping with this Origami bunny - that actually hops! It's a quick and easy craft for Easter and doubles as a fun variation on traditional origami.
What you'll need:
A 3" by 5" index card or business card.
(You can use a plain piece of paper but it won't hop as well.)
How to make it:
- Place the card in a portrait orientation. At the top of the card take a corner and fold it down till the top edge and the side edge meet.
- Open card flat.
- Repeat with the other corner. Now you have an 'X'.
- There should be two creases on the top of your card. If you did steps one and two correctly, they should form an "X" at the top of the card. Now make a crease that runs through the middle of the "X".
Mountain fold (fold back) the top right through the middle of the 'X'.
- Collapse the paper on the pre-made creases.
- Fold the outer corners of the triangle to the top.
- Fold the sides to the middle.
- Fold the bottom edge to the top.
- Fold the top edge of the front layer to the bottom edge.
- Turn over.
- Glue or tape two bunny ears to the top.
- To make your bunny hop, loosen the front and back legs
so that the bunny is not flat. Tap at the back, and the bunny