By: Tania Cowling
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Fireworks don't have to last only a few, fleeting seconds. You can make your own in this painting project and use them as decorations.
What you'll need:
- Paper cups
- Tempura paints
- White school glue
- Paper (black works especially well)
How to make it:
- Prepare several paper cups of paint.
- For each color, mix two parts tempera (poster) paint, one part white school glue, and a few drops of water.
- Put a spoonful of each color onto a sheet of paper.
- Then take a drinking straw and let the kids blow directly over the paint. (For little ones, first practice blowing out instead of sucking in.)
- Add some glitter while the paint is still wet for a "sparkler" look.