Rudolph Paper Cup Craft
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Fill this cute little cup with treats and give one to your teacher or the mailman for Christmas!
What you'll need:
- 1 plastic, paper, or foam drinking cup
- Brown and pink acrylic paint
- 2 3”-square pieces of tan felt
- 2 medium wiggle eyes
- 1 medium red pom pom
- 2 black chenille stems
- Strip of felt to fit the inside rim of your cup
- White craft glue
- Black marker
How to make it:
- Paint cup with brown paint and set aside to dry.
- When paint is dry, stand cup upright and glue two wiggle eyes on the front of the cup, about halfway down from the rim.
- Glue red pom pom on for the nose just above the bottom of the cup, centered under the eyes.
- Use scissors to carefully poke aslit in both sides of the cup where you want the ears to go.
- Roll one of the felt squares up like a cone; insert the pointed end into one of the slits on the cup. Repeat on other side. Secure felt to the cup with white craft glue.
- Bend each chenille stem in half. Form chenille ends into antlers by creating a couple of bends on each one.
- Glue strip on tan felt inside the rim of the cup, then immediately insert the antlers under the strip on each side. You may need to hold these in place for a few minutes until the glue grabs. You can also secure with clothespins.
- Dip your fingertip in pink paint and dab the excess off onto a paper towel. Dot pink on for cheeks.
- Use a black marker to draw on eyebrows.
- To give this cup some weight, glue a washer to the bottom of the cup.
- Fill with wrapped candies and give as a gift.
- Substitutions: red glitter can be used instead of pom poms; brown felt can stand in for brown chenille.