Paper Doll Chain
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Do you have a scrap piece of card stock your house and a bored child? Put them together to have some folding "paper-doll" valentines.
What you'll need:
- 1 piece of card stock
- Colored paper (optional)
- Various decorations (glitter, cotton, doilies, etc.)
How to make it:
- Show your child how to cut the card stock into an eight-inch square.
- Fold the card stock back and forth into three sections.
- Draw the outline of a person with hands and feet outstretched to the right and left of the folds.
- Using safety scissors cut out and pull open the chain of human figures.
- Have your child decorate the paper people by using colored paper or patterned card stock to make trapezoid-shaped dresses. Kids can also color the doll (for hair, eyes, nose, shoes, etc.) or add glitter, cotton, or doilies for some texture.