Paper Jewelry Box
Parental supervision is recommended
This Earth Day why not recycle an old box to create your own treasure chest? Kids can store trinkets and more with this Paper Jewelry Box craft.
What you'll need:
- An old box (about 4 inches in length & width)
- Old magazines with lots of colorful pictures
- Colorful buttons
- Colorful ribbons
- Cloth or construction paper
- Creativity & patience
How to make it:
- Cut little pieces of the magazine and glue them in any way
you want to the outside of the box.
- Make sure you covered it well, and let it dry. Glue a cloth or construction paper in the inside of the box to make it look neat.
- Start sticking pieces of ribbon on the sides for a border.
- Glue the buttons in the corners or anywhere you think it
might look pretty.
- Sprinkle glitter to give it a shiny appearance.
Use the sequins for making the box personalized by
creating letters of your name with it.
Lori Twenhafel offers a tip on making the Paper Jewelry Box:
I have found an easy way to obtain a box for the Paper Jewelry Box shared by Marla Cabanban. You can use an empty Kleenex box, the upright kind, it works very well. Also if you would like your box to be more sturdy, you can trace one side of the box onto posterboard four times and then glue them onto the sides of the box.