Parental supervision is recommended
A box or clay pot is the first step to this colorful Paper Napkin decoupage craft. Kids can let their creativity go wild as they create collages with Mod Podge.
What you'll need:
- Container to decorate - clay pots work well
- Designed paper napkins (floral are nice)
- Mod Podge (decoupage sealer and adhesive)
How to make it:
- Separate the solid paper from designed paper napkin. Tear out designs -- don't worry about being exact. You will want enough to cover the outside of the pot.
- Use a sponge brush to spread Mod Podge on a section of the pot.
- Place a napkin piece in the section and spread Mod Podge on top of it.
- Fill the entire section with napkin pieces.
- Repeat the sections until the pot is covered. You want the sections to overlap. At the bottom of the pot, just fold the excess napkin under.
- The top of the pot is a little hard to do. What I've done for the first layer is tear out only three sides leaving one side the straight edge of the napkin. The straight edge goes carefully along the top. Shorter pieces work better.
- Let dry overnight and cut out the hole in the bottom. The napkins wrinkles which gives it a painted look when dry!
- You can paint the inside of the pot to match your napkin color scheme.
- Napkin Applique dries tacky and this does not.
- A clear coat of glaze can be sprayed over the Mod Podge when dry.